A Zoom link will be e-mailed to registrants to access the webinar.
Treating Dental Trauma
Kenneth W. Tittle, DDS, MS
CONTINUING EDUCATION 2 CE Units (Core)
Dental trauma affects more than one in three adolescents. Our understanding of the biologic consequences of dental trauma is pivotal to managing these incidents with an organized, calming approach. Attendees will learn about the consequences of various injuries and their respective prognoses, both short –and long-term. Emphasis will be placed on reviewing our current best evidence and recommendations by the International Association of Dental Traumatology. Judicious use of the latest technology to accurately diagnose traumatic dental injures will be discussed. The latest techniques and materials used in vital pulp therapy, repositioning and splinting, open apex treatments, and resorption management will be discussed. The overall theme of this course emphasizes the dentist’s role as a facilitator of healing.
1. Treating Trauma Without Drama
2. Understanding Traumatic Dental Injury Treatment: Guiding the Miracle of Dento-alveolar Healing.
3. Learn to systematically diagnose traumatic dental injuries and formulate treatment plans that maximize potential for healing.
4. Learn how cone beam computed tomography can aid in diagnosing traumatic dental injuries.
5. Understand the principles of regenerative endodontics and vital pulp therapy.
6. Learn latest techniques to manage an open apex.
7. Learn the management or root resorption as it is related to trauma.
SPEAKER BIO Kenneth W. Tittle, DDS, MS is a third generation dentist and maintains a full time private practice in endodontics in Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek, CA. He is an Assistant Professor of endodontics at the Arthur A. Dugoni University of the Pacific School of Dentistry and has lectured to local dental societies, the CDA, the ADA, and The American Association of Endodontists on various aspects of Endodontics. His areas of interest are traumatic injuries, resorption, and advanced technologies to diagnose and treat endodontically involved teeth. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, a fellow of the American College of Dentists, a past board member of the Public and Professional Relations Committee of the AAE, past President of the California State Association of Endodontists. His favorite avocations all involve water.