When you visit the dentist, you get more than clean teeth. Regular dental visits are a way to prevent dental disease and to check for signs of other health problems. If your mouth or neck dshow any signs of disease, your dentist can help identify them and get early treatment.
• Your dentist can stop tooth decay from getting worse
• Your dentist will check for tooth decay and treat it if needed.
• Untreated tooth decay can lead to pain, loss of confidence and tooth loss.
Gum disease is a main cause of tooth loss.
• See your dentist if you notice any changes in your mouth, such as gums that are red, swollen or tender or that bleed when you brush or floss. Your dentist can tell you if you have gum disease. He or she can also help you get your gums healthy again.
Improve the appearance of your teeth and fresher breath
• You may be missing areas when you brush and floss
• At your dental visit, a dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth to remove surface stains and tartar buildup. They will also instruct you and give tips for cleaning your teeth and tongue at home.
• Professional dental cleanings also help prevent gum disease.
• For mouth and throat cancer screenings. Mouth and throat cancer are deadly diseases.
• Your dentist checks your mouth and neck for signs of cancer at every visit. Cancers that are detected early can lead to better treatment plans and outcomes.The mouth can show if the body is not healthy
• Diseases that affect the entire body (such as diabetes) may first be noticed because of mouth sores, gum disease or other oral problems. Your dentist is trained to notice these symptoms.
• Your dentist will keep your general health in mind when planning your oral treatment. They may refer you to a physician if needed. Even patients with dentures need an oral health examination.
•Your oral health is an important part of your overall health. We encourage and recommend you visit your dentist regularly.